Switzerland-based Resilience Guard consultancy firm has extensive experience in implementing business continuity management (BCM) systems taking a structured approach based on ISO 22301. Working in close partnership with your organisation, we will design and implement a BCM framework aligned to your strategic goals and specific regulatory and legal requirements.
We first invest time gaining a thorough understanding of your business by conducting a Business Impact Analysis (BIA) and Risk Assessment to identify mission-critical systems that support key business processes. Armed with this knowledge, we then design an effective crisis management operational structure and develop recovery strategies for key business and technology areas in the form of a business continuity plan.
ISO 22301 is the newest international standard for business continuity management and replaces BS 25999-2. According to the BSI, ISO 22301 “specifies the requirements for a management system to protect against, reduce the likelihood of and ensure your business recovers from disruptive incidents”and this makes ISO 22301 a prerequisite for any firm that is serious about business continuity management.
Business Impact Analysis: the first step in Business Continuity Management
A Business Impact Analysis (BIA) is the foundation of any credible business continuity plan. It involves methodically identifying your technical, process and resource risks and assessing them according to their business impact to help you pinpoint your most critical business procedures. At the end of the exercise you will be able to:
- Identify critical activities essential to the continued supply of your business’s products and services
- Assess the impact of disruption to those activities on the business
- Prioritise the necessary systems to support critical activities and set acceptable recovery timescales (such as Recovery Time Objectives, Recovery Point Objectives and Maximum Tolerable Period of Disruption)
- Identify interdependencies within your IT systems, supply chain, outsourcing partners and any other interested parties.
Business Continuity Management strategy
You’ve laid the groundwork by identifying the critical activities and resources that support key products and services. Next, we will work with you to define Recovery Time Objectives based on the findings of the Business Impact Analysis and Risk Assessment.
Working in partnership, our consultants will develop a bespoke business continuity management strategy for your business that meets your specific business needs. This will encompass all aspects of your operation including (but not limited to) the workforce, premises, technology and supply chain issues. Whether your goal is to attain ISO 22301 accreditation or simply improve organisational resilience a continuity management strategy will help you achieve your objectives.
Business Continuity Management documentation
Customers, employees and other stakeholders need to know that you have clearly set out business continuity plans in place to deal with any kind of disruption involving your people, buildings, infrastructure and technology. Business continuity management documentation is also essential to demonstrate compliance with the international standard for business continuity management, ISO 22301.
From our Switzerland headquarters Resilience Guard can help you create the vital documentation necessary to establish, implement and maintain the management continuity procedures that will ensure business as usual in the event of potentially disruptive incidents. These plans need to be regularly updated to respond to new threats and changing internal and external conditions.
Business Continuity Management training
Switzerland-based business continuity provider Resilience Guard offers comprehensive business continuity management (BCM) training to improve understanding of business continuity within the wider organisation and create a risk aware mindset to improve organisational resilience. Training includes:
- Introduction to business continuity and ISO 22301
- Training for BCM teams
- Media training for BCM teams
- Advanced business continuity management training
- BCM training tailored to your needs
Business Continuity Management exercises
Business continuity management (BCM) plans and procedures are worthless unless they are exercised. Regular testing ensures that any false assumptions, outdated information or omissions within the plan are rectified before it is called on in a real world crisis. Switzerland’s consultancy firm Resilience Guard can plan and implement desktop tests and walk through exercises to give you the reassurance that your Business Continuity plans are fit for purpose.
Business Continuity monitoring and evaluation
Switzerland’s Resilience Guard consultants has an established mechanism to monitor, measure, analyse and evaluate the component parts of your business continuity management system (BCMS). This includes:
- Setting of performance metrics appropriate to the needs of the organisation
- Monitoring compliance with international standards and the business continuity management system objectives
- Maintaining historical evidence of business continuity management system performance
- Recording results of evaluations and subsequent corrective actions
- Periodic reviews to evaluate compliance with Switzerland’s legal and regulatory requirements, as well as industry best practice enshrined in the international standard for business continuity management, ISO 22301
- Assessing performance at planned intervals and whenever significant changes occur within the organisation
Business Continuity Management System maintenance
All business management systems need to be regularly maintained on a continuous basis to ensure contacts, systems and procedures remain up-to-date and reflect organisational changes. Switzerland-based Resilience Guard GmbH can provide support with what can be a time-consuming and laborious task, giving you the reassurance that your business continuity management system can be relied on when it is needed most.
Find out more on our specialist business continuity services